Well-designed school restrooms can enhance student health, deter
Ventilation is perhaps the single most important element of a school
Sports facilities not only help the body, but they also create a less
Regular competition between Lina’s Dream Academy teachers and
Lina’s dream academy was established by Mrs. Lina Hajaig and her husband Mr. Ihab Hajaig in 2016. It is situated at plot 1-4 Chikaji road, Zaria. Academic activities commenced in September 2016/2017 academic session. The school started with eight class rooms which are, play class, reception and year 1 to year 6.
The school, a brainchild of the proprietors was established with the aim of providing a conducive learning environment, standard infrastructure, a Hybrid modern curriculum with an emphasis on information technology and extracurricular sporting activities.
In the architectural design of the facility, Space, ventilation and visual aesthetics were given priority. The school has also invested greatly in its independent power and water supply to supplement shortages in public utility services.
The objectives of the proprietors is to expose our young students from their early formative years to information technology and prepare them for a constantly evolving computer based economy using tried and tested learning methods.
Our teachers are carefully selected and benefit from periodic training programs and online support to keep them abreast of new developments in education and child psychology.
Lina’s Dream Academy believes in:
- Striving for quality and excellence
- Encouraging creativity and innovation
- Valuing our school tradition and place in history
- Active co-operation between parents, children and teachers
- Providing a positive, stimulating and challenging learning environment
- Giving students the opportunity to participate in co-operative learning
- Encouraging risk taking and learning from our mistakes
- Catering for different abilities and learning style
- Emphasizing literacy and numeracy and developing these to a high standard
- Setting achievable goals
- Acknowledging and encouraging effort and achievement
- Showing a genuine interest in our students
- Valuing student’s work and celebrating successes
- Recognizing and building on our student interests and abilities
- Providing a balanced programme
- Focusing on process and skill development
- Establishing clear and consistent routines
- Fostering a love of learning
Absolutely the best school in Zaria, if not Kaduna State. Excellent academics coupled with outstanding social/emotional skills. All the kids know each other as well as the teachers and staff and vice-versa.
This is a small school in which each child is respected as an individual and respects, appreciates, and accepts their classmates, as well. The staff is inspiring and creative. The kids uniformly love going to school. Getting them to leave at the end of the day, however, can be more of a challenge. My daughter has been challenged, stimulated, and taught as much about creativity, caring, and compassion as academics.
Lovely to see my son’s improvement in his handwriting since starting Year 2. Still room for improvement but he has more confidence in literacy now. His numeracy is where he excels – good to see his way of working sums out and the process of that.
Having already had a daughter move through the school system, I have learnt to value the difference a small school environment can make in a child’s and parents life. It’s important for a child to feel as though they belong and that they are an important parts of a school community and this is only achievable in an environment where ‘everyone knows your name’.